Sunday, October 30, 2011

Learning from the Fall...

Here are some pics of our little adventurous girl at the pumpkin patch this weekend...



Her playful side is coming out more and more these days =)


We just love her joyful spirit!!


And her intense/ passionate spirit!!


Last weekend was one of those events that I replayed OVER and OVER in my head this week when I would try to go to sleep. God's sweet grace is so abundant. I knew that He would probably teach me a few things through the event and He sure did. Let me back up and explain...

Last weekend we were hanging out with our friends who happen to have a trampoline. I am not crazy about trampolines because when I was younger I accidentally double bounced my little cousin and he ended up breaking his leg. Needless to say, they make me a little weary. Well, as you know- Zoee is our little adventure-driven "SCOUT" and she is always keeping me on my toes. Asher and Aeva were playing on the trampoline and Zoee really wanted to get on it. I thought it would be okay since there was netting all around it. Wrong. She started literally RUNNING to the opposite side that I was on. I did not really trust the netting so I started to run to that side to just be there in case the netting gave out. Mommy was too slow and there just happened to be a Zoee sized hole in the netting that she was running towards. She fell off. My heart leapt out of my chest. By God's sweet grace she landed perfectly on a soft dirt patch BETWEEN 2 metal objects (one a metal fence and one the metal poles from the trampolines). She cried for less than 2 minutes and within 10 minutes was playing again with the other kids. Thank you sweet Jesus!

What I learned....
1. Don't trust Zoee on anything that is slightly or potentially dangerous. She is TOO adventurous!
2. This is the one that the Lord showed me in the spiritual realm.... Sometimes the Lord softens our falls. There are times where I believe that He allows us to fall so that we can learn from our mistakes but instead of letting us fall on the "metal poles" so to speak, He gives us a "soft dirt patch" to fall on. I have seen this so many times in my life. I know that the Lord is letting me experience a little bit of hardship to grow me but I still know that His hand is with me, protecting me and leading me. He wants to always be growing us to be more like Him and that can often involve us stumbling at times to learn form our mistakes. I hope this makes sense. I just know that as the Perfect Father, God wants us to learn to walk with Him and trust Him. At times, if we are trying to live life without Him, He will give us a little room to fall so that we can come back to Him. I am so thankful though, that He never leaves us or forsakes us. He is so faithful and worthy of our trust, affection and adoration. If you feel that life has been tough lately, I encourage you to spend time in prayer- meditate on His goodness. Thank Him for Jesus- our perfect Sacrifice... our Sin-taker... our sweet Redeemer. Even if everything else seems crazy- Jesus is our constant Help and He wants us to rest in Him.

Matthew 10:28

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment