Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blessing Our Children... Hebrews 11:20

Pics of our little blessings at the Pumpkin Patch...




Can you tell they are siblings?


I was reading Hebrews 11 today and was so very encouraged and strengthened after a crazy start. We had a rough little day before 2pm in the Howard household. Sonny had to be at church early which is not usually a problem but things got a little hectic when we were getting ready... it was just one of those normal days that can happen when you have a toddler (who is pre-potty training if that is possible) and almost-toddler running around. Asher wanted to sit on the potty for a while so I let him but when I came to check on him, he had been WAY too generous with how much toilet paper he needed (thankfully the toilet did not get stopped up!!). Then, Asher decided that he wanted to get Zoee up from her nap without telling me (she was still asleep) so when I am about to start getting ready, I hear him talking with her in her room. I knew that he woke her up because I went in and she still her "I've been woken up" look on her face. Anyways, I know this all sounds little but when you are trying to get things done ON TIME, all these little stressers can add up...

Back to Hebrews 11... I was reading it this afternoon to just get my spirit right and rest in the Lord and I was very encouraged by Hebrews 11:20. Sandwiched in between all of these great acts o faith like Moses leading the people across the Red Sea and Abraham moving to a new country, we see that Isaac and Jacob were both commended for blessing their children regarding things to come. I don't know why this really stuck out to me but it encouraged me to ask more for God's blessing on my children and have faith that He will do great things in their lives. Just to clarify... by blessings- I do not mean that I desire for my children to be great in this life/ world- but I pray that they will know and love Jesus with their whole hearts. I pray that their lives will be totally consumed with honoring Jesus and that like so many of these Hebrews 11 people, that they will not count this life as the one worth living for but that they will live for eternal life with Christ the Lord. I hope that we can always pray blessings over people and have faith in the Lord...

Hebrews 11:20:
"By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment