Saturday, September 29, 2012

Asher and Mommy's First Date...

One of the things I looked forward to most when thinking about parenthood was the idea of taking my kids on "dates." One of my closest friends gave us her tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Hobby Center. I was so excited to take Asher to see this. He loves that movie and I knew he would love seeing the Off Broadway production. We both got all dressed up and Sonny gave Asher money to take me to dinner. We headed to the Galleria area to Canyon Cafe for dinner. They have great chips and salsa and that's one of Asher's favorite things to eat. Ash loved getting to eat outside and watch the birds and cars. Our ticket only came out to $8 because we just got chips and queso!! Then we headed to the Cheesecake Factory to get a yummy dessert to enjoy at intermission at the play. Asher picked out the Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake which cost more than our dinner and we took it to go. We were about 2 exits from the Hobby Center and got in a car accident. We were hit from behind. I was so upset mainly because I thought we wouldn't be able to make the play and I had been telling Asher about it all day. Our car was drivable so Sonny said we could go to the play and he would come drive us home. We were pretty shaken up but no one was hurt. The girl that hit us was also in a Rav 4 and she and I have the same birthday!! Crazy!! We made it just in time for the play to start and though Asher was very tired from not taking a nap that day, he did awesome and loved seeing the beast, the wolves and Geston! He loved the music and he loved when the lights would go our for different scenes. Besides the car accident, it was a wonderful first date! I look forward to many more dates with my little man!

Daddy took a picture of us before we left...

Here is Asher at Canyon Cafe... he was such a big man... paid the waitress and everything!!







Enjoying car & bird watching!


The damage right before the play...


Finally made it... got in our seats 2 minutes before showtime!!


Sweet little man and Mommy! He did so well for a 3 year old!!

1 comment: