Tuesday, September 18, 2012

California part 4....

Day 4 of California was such a great experience. We headed to Balboa Island, a cute little town with so much character, and walked their main street and went kayaking. Though Sonny doesn't really like kayaking, he did it for me and I really enjoyed coasting through Balboa bay. We ate at the famous Ruby's by the sea (Sonny had a wonderful milkshake) and saw some interesting sights (huge bird resting on the pier). Later that day we tried surfing on our own and it was awful for me! I was literally beat up by the waves and gave up just before crying. I decided to go for a run on the beach while Sonny finished surfing the 8 foot waves! Running was a much better option for me. We got to see dolphins swimming along the coast and the weather was amazing! That evening, just like a few others, we went back to our condo and grilled some meat from the famous Trader Joe's. I really wish one would come to Cypress!!
Balboa Island...











Ruby's famous milkshake!



Getting ready to "surf"/ get beaten up!!



amazing waves!!





No comments:

Post a Comment