Wednesday, September 12, 2012

California... part 2!

On the second day we went to Laguna Beach and enjoyed to quaint downtown with all its trendy shops and great restaurants. We walked for about 3 or more hours and then ate some lunch before heading back to our condo to get our swimsuit for... our FIRST surfing lesson!!







For those of you that don't know, I am INCREDIBLY scared of sharks. I am TERRIFIED of sharks! I have seen all of the Jaws movies about 20 times each and thus Sonny and I had to have a funny/serious conversation with the instructor as they both assured me that we would not be eaten! Yes, we were laughing but I was still honestly pretty scared (plus the water was about 65 degrees!!). Though we are not going to be competing in professional surfing competitions, we both were able to get up and ride a few waves in. The waves were about 7-8 feet high and more powerful than I could have imagined. To say that we got "beat up" by the waves is quite an understatement!





We survived! No shark attacks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment