Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ya-ya's Wedding


Good friends are really hard to find. People that you trust to watch your kids are very hard to find too!! When we got pregnant with Asher, I was not really sure if I would ever find someone that I would completely trust my children to. By God's sweet mercy, I was able to have a wonderful girl in my class when I was teaching at Rosehill Christian School. She and her friends stood out to me so much because while they were often super silly (Mande, Myriah, Karly =)) they were SO incredibly respectful and hardworking and pure. Eventually Kaitlyn started coming to our student ministry and it became evident to me that she loved kids. Our friendship grew as she started coming regularly to small groups. I loved her purity, her kindness and joy. When Asher was about 3 months old, Sonny and I asked her to watch him while we went out on a date. It was so great to get home and hear that our little reflux baby didn't run her off and that she enjoyed watching him. From then, our families continued to grow closer and Kaitlyn became our regular babysitter and one of my closest friends. On the day that we came home form the hospital with Zoee, Kaitlyn and her mom came to stay with us overnight and watch Zoee while Sonny and I got rest...


Needless to say, I am so thankful for Kaitlyn and her family. When she asked if our family would be part of her wedding, I was honored, excited, and a little nervous (my kids can sometimes get a little nuts when they are around a bunch of people that they are not familiar with but I was hoping for the best). Our sweet Kaitlyn (who was nicknamed Ya-ya by her siblings when she was young and now we call her that) got married just a few days before Christmas (December 22nd). It was such a blessing to be a part of Rope and Kaitlyn's wedding. I wish I was able to take more pictures of Kaitlyn and Rope but I was very busy trying to keep my kids from having a breakdown and trying to keep myself all put together while both my kids were tugging at me. Here is the best picture I got of them just after the ceremony...



It was such a sweet ceremony. I look forward to seeing what the Lord will do through both of them. Here are some pictures that we were able to get of our little family at the wedding....

Here I am with the kids before the ceremony (thank you Meagan for taking this picture and for ALL of your help that day. You helped me so so so much!!). Asher did not want his picture taken and he would not leave my side...



Here is our family after the wedding (thank you Kali for taking this one)



Here is Asher eating his push pop after the wedding (this was his reward for walking down the isle as one of the ring barers).


Zoee eating after the wedding... we brought so many snacks for her and I think she ate the entire time the bridal party was taking pictures!! (thank you Ms. Lizanne for helping keep her happy during picture taking).


Sonny got this picture of her. I love this one!!




No comments:

Post a Comment