Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Isaiah 30


Sonny and I are reading through Isaiah both separately and together. Sometimes I get so confused as to what the Lord is trying to teach me in that book but I keep going. The main thing that He has taught me so far is that He hates pride. Any nation or people that exalts themselves will be humbled by the Lord. He wants us to walk in humility and seek Him above everything else.

Today I read through Isaiah 30 and I was so encouraged. There are so many wonderful truths to take from this chapter. The first verse that really hit me was...

Isaiah 30:1
"'Woe to the rebellious children,' says the Lord, 'Who take counsel but not of Me, and who devise plans, but not of My Spirit, that they may add sin to sin..'"

How often do we seek wisdom and counsel and don't really spend time making sure that it is of the Lord. I know that I am so guilty of that. There are things that just seem right to me and thus I do them. I am really encouraged today to try to bring everything before the Lord and continually ask to be led by Him in all areas- even the ones that seem insignificant.

The next verse that stood out to me encouraged me to continue to find my rest in the Lord...

Isaiah 30:15
"For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, 'In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.'"

There are so many verses in the Word that encourage us to rest in the Lord. The world urges us to be busy and never stop but Jesus wants us to delight in Him and find peace and rest for our souls in His presence. We do not need to be loud, obnoxious, busy and continually anxious- that is not what the Lord offers us. I pray that we can all stop today and meditate on the Lord. Let's just sit with Him and let Him speak to us through His Word and through Worship. I know it will strengthen us so much!

The last verse that really hit a cord with me this morning was...

Isaiah 30:21
"Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."

This verse kind of goes along with Isaiah 30:1 mentioned above. We see all over the Scripture that the Lord wants to lead His people. He wants us to be near to Him, to seek Him, to delight in Him and find all of our sustenance in Him. If we will continue to seek Him, He promises to reveal Himself to us and lead us in truth. I pray so often for wisdom from the Lord... wisdom in leading our kids... wisdom in leading our students.... wisdom in being a godly wife and woman... I just don't think we can ever ask for enough wisdom. I think the more we ask Him to lead us and teach us- the more we will be amazed at how near He is and how intimately He works in our lives. I pray that we will all continue to bring everything to Him and obey when He tells us 'the way we should walk.'

No comments:

Post a Comment