Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Asher...

Ash and his car at Mimi and Papa's house... He loves to take the keys in and out and pretend to go to the store to get me cookies and coffee =)



Ash and Mimi playing the "monkey game" on her i-phone


Dear Asher,
Wow- you are becoming quite a little man. I never thought that hearing you talk in complete sentences would make me sad and happy at the same time. I love that you are growing to be such a kind little man but I hate that you are growing up so fast. I remember when we brought you home from the hospital. I thought I knew a little about parenting since I had babysat so much but bringing you home made me realize how much I needed Jesus to help me. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be a good Mommy. Thankfully, the Lord has provided so much help and I no longer feel that overwhelming sense of inadequacy (only by His sweet grace). You are a delight, son. Though you struggle at times with sharing, you are overall a very kind and thoughtful person. You have been more willing to share with your Sissy these past few days and have even wanted to comfort her after she gets in trouble for taking your toys. I love to see your compassion for others. Here are some other things going on with you lately...

1. You are doing very well in potty training. You have been going potty at least once a day on the actual potty and that has been encouraging. We are not stressing about it- just trying to take it one day at a time and I think it is going well. You get very excited when you "go" on the potty and get your potty treat (which is either a Hersey's hug or kiss =) ).

2. You seem to like school. We have been learning the letter "A" lately and you seem to enjoy the challenge of finding the "A's" in the words I print out for you.

3. I think you are going to own your own business someday and be more of a delegator than anything else. Today when we were coloring, you did not want to color but you preferred to hand me the next color you wanted me to use and then you liked to tell me when I was all done. Too funny!

4. You still love sweets. You like to have hot chocolate all the time. I have to limit it because I think you would drink it all day long (I guess you like your hot drinks like your Mommy =) )

5. You have tons of energy and even after playing all day you will still talk to yourself in bed for HOURS!! Sometimes we will put you to bed at 8 and still hear you talking to yourself at 10pm. Crazy boy!!

6. You don't really like large crowds. At Thanksgiving and when we had a retreat with our youth students, you seemed to get very overwhelmed with so many people. You prefer a small crowd of people that you know very well and you prefer to be in an environment that you are used to. It's funny because Zoee seems to be oblivious to any crowd or environment.

I think that's all right now. You are a joy, Asher. I love spending time reading with you. I love cuddling with you while you drink your hot chocolate and I drink my coffee. I love seeing you love on your Sissy and Daddy. I love your sweet smile and joyful spirit. I love that you are sensitive- even though at times it can still be tough to know how to encourage and teach you. I look forward to seeing the man that you will become. I continue to pray that you will love Jesus with all the strength that you possess and that you will come to love Him at an early age. We love you Ash.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment