Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Club: May 2013

Some friends of mine started a small book club and it's been so much fun so far. We just finished Great Gatsby for this month and are planning to have our book club meeting and go see the movie. It's fun for me to do something with my friends that actually requires me to think and also encourages great discussions. We have not picked our next book yet but since we are already done with Gatsby, I am starting another book until we pick another one. My friends Lindsay and Kelly recommended the book, Safer Than A Known Way by Pamela Rosewell Moore (who ended up being one of the closest friends to Corrie ten Boom). I just started reading it and I am really loving it so far. The author is so genuine in her struggles with the Lord and how stubborn she was at first against His calling of her. If anyone wants to join me in reading this book this month, I know it will be an encouragement to our faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment