Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Random Howard Happenings

Life is just so full of fun these days. Yes, we have our rough days where I think I am going to go nuts, but overall we are loving this season with the kids and with our friends. 

Something that's really been a fun treat for me to enjoy with friends is the painting classes that are popping up everywhere. One of my best friends in the world- Mrs. Lindsay Schott- had a special birthday in April but we weren't able to all celebrate until May. Us four ladies got to go out for some fun painting and a great dinner. I loved getting to spend time with these ladies. The 3 of them both have baby girls that are under the age of ONE so I did get a little bit of baby fever hearing them talk about their precious ones in what seems like such a distant stage to the one we are in. Maybe one day we will get to experience that season again :) Here is a picture of us with our finished products! Linds is the artist in our group and decided to mark her own trail instead of following the instructor- we all loved seeing what she would come up with! Happy Birthday sweet friend!



This next picture makes me SO happy and very nostalgic. When my brother and I were little we loved to float the bayou in anything that would float (yes, that might be news to you, Mom!!). We would climb in plastic pools, ice chests, anything that we might be able to turn in to a boat! Fast forward many years later... our family was at a church picnic this past weekend and one of our college guys floated across the lake in one of these green lids. Of course our little adventuresome son wanted to try to ride in the boat with his Daddy. Though I was on the side of the lake dreading them sinking, I held my tongue and let them "be guys." They made it across the lake and Asher was beside himself! Can't believe my little son is growing to be a real adventure lover! Love that side of him!!  



Honestly I cannot really think of how Asher and Zoee could be better siblings. They do have their fights but overall they simply love being together. Asher is loving the protector role and I often hear him telling her, "Sissy, you HAVE to trust me." The other day she asked me to hold her and I said I needed to get something done first and that she needed to be patient. Sonny took this picture as he caught Asher trying to "hold" his sister because she wanted to be held! Makes my heart so happy to see them so kind to each other. We pray so much for the Lord to give us wisdom in shepherding them in the truth, wisdom, and love of the Lord and it's moments like these that encourage me to keep going! Love them!!





Little Miss loves her couscous! I am trying to not be as OCD with the kids when it comes to being clean when they eat but this moment reminded me why I am the way that I am. I must have cleaned the floor 5 times when she was done eating to get all of the couscous off the floor... and counter... and walls... and chairs...! She had it in her hair, by her ears, on her arms and obviously all over her face! Silly little munchkin! I am thankful though that she will try and eat almost anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment