Friday, May 10, 2013

First 5K After Kids!!

I have an amazing sister in law. She is such a hard worker and she is beautiful and she is such a great wife to my brother. I seriously could not have picked out a better wife for my brother. Period. One really cool thing that we have in common is running. She actually has a running/fitness blog that is very encouraging, motivating, witty, and real- HappyHealthyRunner. While she is definitely more familiar to the racing scene, I try to stay in shape by running consistently at home and at the Y. I have done races in the past (before having kids) but had not braved the racing scene in a few years until yesterday. I knew Rachael would be doing a 5 K run at City Center in Houston AND I knew it was an all women race (huge races intimidate me), so I thought I would join her. Though I was really nervous leading up to the race and even got a little dehydrated later that evening after the race, it was so fun getting to run with Rachael. I felt like we ran very well together. There were times where we both got weak and were pushed by the other to keep going. We ran hard and finished strong and actually came in 2nd place with over 300 ladies running! We were even able to stay together the whole time and cross the finish line together! It was so great. The best part was approaching that finish line with Rachael and hearing all the cheers from the people on the sidelines and seeing our hubbies as we ran through the yellow finish line tape. I am so thankful for Rachael and our wonderful husbands for being so supportive and encouraging. Thanks Rache for letting me join you! Here are a few pictures from the event... 


Pre-race photo with Rachael...


Random candid shot taken by my amazing hubby!


 Here we are crossing the finish line! (The time in the background says we crossed at the 37 minute mark but our group didn't start till about the 15 minute mark so that's why the times don't make much sense.)



Post race picture... nice and sweaty!




 Final race results! 

Game face!!










4 comments:

  1. <3 i love you! running with you was so much fun, and i really couldn't have done it without you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing time! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CP! I miss those days when we would run together in Richmond and I miss just hangin' with you! If you and Daniel are ever out this way, please let me know and we would love to see yall!! We live less than a mile from the Outlet Mall out here!

      Delete