Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dear Asher...




Dear Asher,
Oh my- where to start with you, Big Guy?!! You are now 3 years old and I seriously cannot believe it. I say this a lot but you are growing up WAY too fast. I love this season of your life and I am trying very hard to make the most of every day and not take it for granted. Daddy and I love listening to you talk because the things that come out of your mouth make us laugh throughout the day. You love telling me that you are big like Daddy and Mufasa (from the Lion King) and at times I am pretty sure that you think you are one of Zoee's parents (you are very quick to tell her when things are dangerous and when she is going to get into trouble). You are a very kind and adventurous little man. You love giving people hugs and kisses (when YOU want to... not necessarily when THEY want you to). Here are some things going on with you at 3 years old...

1. You always want to be like Daddy. You love to show me your muscles and tell me that they are big like Daddy's. You love to tell me about your times with Daddy and your future plans with him. You told me today that Daddy was going to take you on an airplane to Africa! Maybe you're a prophet too and you are going to go on some future mission trip that I don't know about!!

2. You really enjoy me reading to you. The other day I decided to set a new rule that before we watch any TV we have to read a book. I had ordered you some Disney books to read and you LOVE me reading the Lion King to you (over and over and over). I am glad that you like reading, though...

3. You really enjoy puzzles. I bought you 4 puzzles (firetruck, racecar, school bus, and train) that each have 12 pieces in them and you really enjoy putting them together. The other day you did about 85 % of one of them all by yourself! Hope your little brain is growing and growing!

4. You require reverse psychology ALOT. If I want to get you to go to the pool I cannot just ask you or you will say no. I just have to tell you that Sissy and I are going to the pool and are about to leave- then you will join us. For you, things have to be taken slowly and on your own timing.

5. You love these foods: anything SWEET, yogurt, cheese, avocado, Annie's bunnies, prunes, crackers, peanut butter, bananas, and chicken with lots of ketchup and ranch and honey mustard =).

6. You like to be my big helper. When I am moping the floor you always help me move the stools and I make a point to mention how big your muscles are and what a big helper you are =).

7. Your favorite movie and book are The Lion King!

8. You like going to the pool and are very good at going down the slides.

9. You love to ride in your big green jeep that Mimi and Papa got you for your birthday.

10. You take very long naps and HATE being woken up!

11. You love animals and you are actually great at being gentle with them. Mimi and Papa just got a new little dog and Aeva just got 2 new kittens so you have been around little animals a lot lately. You love holding them.

12. You also seem to like babies and get really excited when they like you! Hoping you stay this way and can help me if the Lord decides to give us more kiddos! 

13. You still like reading your bible. Your favorite stories are still Noah and the prodigal son (mainly because they both have pictures with animals in them).

14. You LOVE to climb. You climb on the counters, the treadmill, your fort, your bed- anything that you can possibly climb, you DO!

15. You talk a lot and sometimes mess up your sentences. You were trying to tell Mimi and Papa that you had not seen them in a while and this is exactly what you said (we wrote it down right away so we wouldn't forget)... "Next day you haven't seen me for a long time ago!" Love it!

I think that's about all. You are a delight, son. We love you very much and are thankful everyday that the Lord allows us to parent you. We pray that you will grow to be a man who loves the Lord and walks intimately with him. We love you, son!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment