Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hard Times Lead to Jesus


I have been reading Isaiah lately and I was reminded today of a teaching I heard a long time ago on Isaiah 6. Basically you see that when the king died, Isaiah saw the Lord. What a pastor had encouraged us to realize is that sometimes when people are taken from us, it brings us to a place where we really can see the Lord. In Isaiah's case, the king was evil and him being gone allowed Isaiah to see the Lord because that evil influence was gone. In some cases, maybe we lose a loved one or have a miscarriage and losing them causes us to seek comfort in the Lord. Either way- death and hard times are seasons that we need to learn from Isaiah and seek the Lord with all of our heart in the midst of our distress. I was also made aware of this when learning about Enoch in Hebrews 11 and Genesis 5. The Word says that after Enoch had his son, he sought the Lord. Becoming a parent is probably the hardest thing I have done. It taught me so much about my weakness and how much I needed Jesus if I was going to be a good mother. I think there is just such a strong connection between hard times and growing in our relationships with Jesus. My hope is that we can be like Isaiah and Enoch when we face hard times. I pray that we will not give into the temptation to seek peace in anything other than the Lord. I pray that hard times will bring us to a place where we really see the Lord and gain wisdom as to what He wants to do with our lives...

"Then Enoch walked with God 300 years after he became the father of Methusaleh..."
~Genesis 5:22

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up."
~Isaiah 6:1

No comments:

Post a Comment