Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spiced Applesauce Bread

Here is my little munchkin enjoying the muffins...


Here is the picture that came from the original recipe. It would be great with some tea!!


Now that the kids are getting older, I have been trying to bake more, especially when I know some fruit is about to go bad and I want to use it right away. We had some apples that I needed to use so I looked up a recipe for applesauce spice bread. I made the applesauce myself, steaming the apples and then blending them. I changed the ingredients from a recipe I found to make applesauce bread here to make it more healthy =). I used organice white/wheat flour, peanut oil, organic sugar cane, and organic apple sauce. Asher loved them and has eaten 8 of them in 2 days!! They are not even that sweet because I did not have enough sugar but he still loved them!! He wanted them to be called cupcakes instead of muffins so I guess that's a good sign =). I love winter and the wonderful bread that we get to eat during this cold season... keep that cold weather coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment