Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trusting in your ways...


I feel like this season has been a little weird and I have lately been tempted to start "planning" my own life and not trust in the Lord. I just feel myself sometimes getting nervous and then I will start to think of as many "back up" plans as I can, in case things don't go the way I am currently planning. Needless to say, I often fall into bed exhausted from trying to control my life.

I have been reading Hosea and the Psalms and have been convicted that I cannot keep going this way. I cannot trust in my plans or in anyone other than the Lord. This can be so difficult sometimes- to really give ourselves fully to Him, to seek His will diligently through prayer, meditation on His word, and through wise counsel. Its just not always easy to find out what He wants but it is the best way- the only peaceful way to live. I am excited that the Lord has convicted me about this. I feel much more at peace already. Today I have already spent time just releasing my desires and burdens to Him and asking for His continued leading in Sonny and me. We sure want to follow Him and we both know that being obedient to Him is the only place we want to be. Here are some encouraging/ convicting verses that have been working on me...

~Hosea 10: 12-13
"Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallowed ground, For it is time to seek the Lord, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you. You have plowed wickedness; You have have reaped iniquity. You have eaten the fruit of lies, Because you trusted in your own ways, In the multitude of your mighty me."

~Psalm 118: 8-9
"It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes."

No comments:

Post a Comment