Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day 2011








Sonny and I are not very big on saying "thanks" or "i love you" just when the American culture says we should... thus we do not really go "all out" on holidays like Father's Day or Mother's Day or Valentine's Day. This is not to say that anyone is wrong for lavishing loved ones on those days- it's just not our thing. For Sonny, he said he just wanted rest on Father's Day (which was exactly what I wanted on Mother's Day =) ) and so that's what we had planned- to come home from church and just rest for the whole day. Well, it did not happen that way but the alternative was just as nice. About 15 minutes before we were going to go to church, Sonny said, "what do you think about going to Wharton after church to visit my family?" Before I met Sonny, I always had to have my weeks planned out way in advance but after almost 8 years of marriage- I have learned that a little unplanned adventure can keep life fun... thus I threw together everything we would need for 2 babies (which is actually A LOT of stuff) and Sonny and me and we headed to Wharton after church. It was lots of fun! We got to hang with Grandma Howard and Sonny's aunt, uncle, cousins then headed to my parents to spend the night there since it was Father's Day and it's in the middle of our house and Wharton and it breaks up the drive a little. I think it was exactly what we needed- the kids were great and we got to love on the family =).

No comments:

Post a Comment