Wednesday, June 5, 2013

San Luis Vacation...

We are not big travelers when it comes to going on long car rides but we really love vacations. So, in order to have a short car ride and a nice, relaxing trip- our favorite destination is the San Luis Resort in Galveston. It's one of my favorite things to do as a family. The beach is right across the street so we can head there easily and the amenities at the San Luis are perfect for us. Most of the time the San Luis can be very expensive but I found a room for the day after Memorial Day that was about half the normal rate- so we headed to Galveston! The kids did great and Sonny and I had such a relaxing time. The pool at the San Luis is awesome- the kids loved the hot tub and Asher loved the small slide they have for older kids. The kids loved the beach and jumping through the waves. Even though Galveston can't compare to the great beaches of California- the kids don't really know the difference yet =). We also tried Pleasure Pier and to anyone with kids under 5- it is VERY expensive and honestly not worth the money. We spent almost $75 and 2 hours for the kids to each ride ONE ride that was less than a minute long. I think that place is definitely for teenagers so maybe we try it again in about 10 years!! Overall our trip was so nice. I am so thankful for these small trips that refresh our little family!


The Howard kiddos getting ready to brave the waves!



Can't tell if he liked the beach or not?? ;)






 Little beauty with her sunglasses...



Daddy was so great and took the kids in the waves while I stayed on the beach (I am terrified of sharks and water where I can't see more than 2 inches under the water!)






Me and my best girl!





My two favorite men in the whole world!!


Daddy and baby girl...


Zo and I borrowed Daddy's phone to take some pics while Ash and Daddy rode on a "big kid" ride...



Asher's first "big kid" ride! He loved it!






No comments:

Post a Comment