Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dear Asher...


Dear Asher,
I have to be quick with this post because we are heading to the park in just a few minutes. I just wanted to document some things on your toddler life before you grow up and I forget everything (I have a terrible memory)!! Right now you are laying next to me on the couch watching your favorite movie- CARS! You love walking around the house quoting Mater and "Queen" then saying "That's what Mater says Mommy!" It's so funny to hear the things that you choose to quote. You are growing up so fast just like your Sissy. Here are some things going on with you lately...

1. You love to talk! You talk all day long and even after we put you to bed at night, you talk to yourself every night for at least an hour. The other day I heard you yelling at the top of your lungs while you were in bed and I ran to your door to make sure you were okay. As I got to the door I hear your yelling "NO NEMO NO!!!!!" (you had watched Nemo that day because we had a long car ride to the zoo and we let you watch movies in the car). It took everything I had not to start cracking up.

2. You love everything that has to do with cars, trucks, monster trucks, trains, and tow trucks. Anything with wheels makes you happy!

3. You are not as great of an eater now as you were when you were smaller (even though you will eat almost anything that I ask you to as long as you only have to take a few bites... except squash- the texture almost made you throw up the other day). I think now you have too many other things on your mind. One thing you constantly love now is "warm milk." You have it about 4 or 5 times a day. It's funny because I love warm drinks too so maybe you get that from me?

4. You love music and love to sing. I came in the other day and you were singing to Will Reagan's "No Place I'd Rather Be." It was precious to see you singing such a great song. I pray that those words will be a reality for you one day.

5. You love coloring (more than reading right now). Your favorite colors are orange and brown (a future longhorn maybe??) and sometimes yellow and purple. When you color, you rarely use any color other than those.

6. You love sweets. Cupcakes... doughnuts.... chocolate..... anything with sugar! We try to limit it but it can be difficult when you (and Daddy) love sweets so much =)

7. You are Daddy's boy. You tell me (and everyone else) often that he is YOUR Daddy. I love it!!

8. You are continuing to potty train. It is a slow process for you but each day we seem to be making progress. I am not stressing yet =)

Asher, you are just so full of life and joy. Even though you still have very emotional moments from time to time, you are learning to deal with things better and it has been neat to watch you grow in that area. You are a delight. You bring Daddy and me so much joy. We are honored to be your parents. We pray that you will continue to grow in wisdom and that you will be a man who seeks Jesus with all that you have. We love you Buddy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment