Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ritter's Ice Cream

Attempt at a family photo... take 1



Attempt 2...



I guess it's easier to just take pics of us separately with the kiddos...
Ash and Daddy after some yummy ice cream!



Mommy and Zoee... she was enjoying a banana... what can we say: our kids LOVE food!!



Ash and Daddy sharing ice cream =)


A few days ago Sonny and I decided to treat Asher to Ritter's Ice Cream on our way to drop him off with Mimi and Papa. My parents and Sonny really love this place and we thought it would be a great treat for our sweet little guy! The funny thing is that when we stopped the car and told Ash we were getting ice cream, he started crying because he apparently didn't want any ice cream at that moment. We were so weirded out by his response. He LOVES sweets and he loves anything that Daddy loves, and Daddy loves ice cream!

Looking back, I know that this has to be an illustration to how we are with Lord. Sonny and I wanted so much to bless Asher with a treat but in his stubbornness, he whined and complained because it was not on his agenda. How often are we like that with the Lord. I am sure there are many times where He, as the Perfect Father, wants to bless us with something He knows we desire but we are too stubborn to trust and follow Him to see what it is. Once we CONVINCED Ash to eat the ice cream (it was creamy pina colada), he loved it and kept wanting more. It ended up being an enjoyable trip and a great little pit stop on our family day.

I hope that we (me definitely included in this) can learn to trust the Lord when He tells us that He has plans that we did not know about. I hope that we can trust Him and know that He is a great Father who wants to show us His love. I know I struggle a lot with understanding and experiencing the Fatherhood of God and I sure pray that He will grow me in this area so that I can enjoy Him and be a blessing to Him as His daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment