Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camp Mitchell NOW & THEN!! (2000 & 2011)

Sonny and Casi... Summer 2000 at Camp Mitchell =)



Sonny and Casi... Summer 2011 at Camp Mitchell =)


The first time Sonny and I both went to Camp Mitchell, we were both going into our junior year of highschool. We really did not know each other that well at all. I just thought he was really cute and he seemed to really love Jesus with his whole heart. We were both somewhat new to the student ministry- having both been called by the Lord that school year to leave our old lifestyles in order to pursue Jesus. I remember telling my friend Kelly while we were at camp in 2000, "I really like that Sonny guy. I really want to get to know him more..."

Well, as God would have it, we did get to know one another more and a few months later (October of our junior year) we went to homecoming together and the following year (January of our senior year) we got engaged (though we do think we should have waited a little longer- 2 year engagements are seriously SUPER tough if you are trying to stay pure!!) and 2 years later (January 2004) we were married!! The Lord is so kind, gracious and merciful. As many of you know, our first years of marriage were tough and even after that it has not been always easy- but God has always been faithful and we continue to seek to honor Him in all that we do. I know this is a super random post but I found that picture of us from Camp 2000 and was reminded of all that God has taken us through. His works are so wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, y'all were SO CUTE then... and an even more beautiful couple now! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is awesome! What a great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casi that is one of the sweetest pictures:)I love yall together ! Even though God has blessed Kevin and my marriage for 26 years we are learning many sweet and godly things from yall's marriage. Love yall and may God continue to allow us to do camp Mitchell for many more years with yall:)

    ReplyDelete