Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Lord's Mercy


I have been feeling like I should post this for a while but with 2 babies and a crazy month, I have not really had the time. Something that has been impressed on my heart lately is

~Psalm 145:9
"The Lord is good to all; and His tender mercies are over all of His works."

This verse seems so simple but if we really believe what it says, there are great implications for our lives. For me, I thought immediately of Zoee and her reflux. If this verse is true (which it is), then somehow God's mercy is over Zoee's spit up. I know this might sound crazy but there are some truths that I think God was wanting me to remember...
1. He is Sovereign and nothing is outside of His control (even reflux)
2. His mercy is over all of His acts

For some reason, God is having me go through this small season of dealing with a spit-up baby BUT it is not without purpose. Everything is an opportunity for us to grow more in the image of Christ. For me, I know that this season is teaching me to depend on Christ for my joy and patience. When I have changed outfits 4 times in one day and changed Zoee 3 times and cleaned the carpet 8 times and done 3 loads of laundry- this is all part of God's mercy towards me. I have been thinking of this verse over and over these past few weeks.

Whatever season you are in- know that His mercy is over all of His works. Try to see how the Lord wants to grow you in what you are going through- whether this season is a joyful one or a difficult one.

To impress this truth on His people, God says at the end of the same Psalm (145:17):

"The LORD is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works."

No comments:

Post a Comment