Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Lord is so sweet...






I know it might sound silly to think that the Lord cares about family pictures but the Word does say over and over to pray about everything and that the Lord loves His children. To me, small things are what remind me of God's presence and faithfulness. I know the big things are great too- like God providing jobs, children, etc but I just love when I pray about something so small and seemingly insignificant to the rest of the world and God showers me with His sweetness. Our family pics were just that...

I had asked Sonny on Sunday if we could ask Bobby and Anna to come take pics of our family in the bluebonnets in Chapel Hill on Monday. Sonny said that would be fine and he would ask them if we could exchange our "Insanity" workout for family pics and dinner. Well, we went all the way to Chapel Hill and only saw a handful of bluebonnets! I guess they are already gone for the year! The amazing thing is that Sonny and I prayed in the car that the pics would turn out okay and that the Lord would let the kids do well taking the pics. The bluebonnets were gone, yes, but that led us to this amazing abandoned "town" where we got some AMAZING pictures. And Asher LOVED getting to be adventurous with Daddy and climb on all of the old buildings. I am just so thankful for this small time. On the way home I just kept thinking that God had everything in control. There really was no plan for bluebonnet pictures for the Howard family! Instead we got to stop at that little town that Sonny and I have always wanted to stop at but never had the time.

Anyways, the kids did great! Like I said, Ash loved the adventure and Zoee barely spit up! I even forgot to carry a burp rag with me and I still did not get any spit up on me. God was just so so so sweet to us. My mentor, Krystal Helbig, always taught me to see God in the small things- like garage sale finds and long runs with friends, and I will always be so thankful for her encouragement in my life. I mess up a lot but I do try to pray about even the small things and it is so encouraging to see that God is intricately involved in every part of our lives.

Hope these pics make you smile- they sure make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment