Monday, August 19, 2013

Jeremiah 31...



Our small group on Monday nights is reading through and discussing the book of Jeremiah and some weeks it has been a little tough to hang with that book. There is a lot of discouragement with how rebellious Israel was but through that it has also been a good reminder of our rebellion against the Lord and His incredible grace lavished on us through the Cross of Jesus.

Today I was reading through the passage for tonight and I was so encouraged. It also went along with Pursuit of God chapter 1 which I had asked some of the highschool girls to read this week. Here are a few encouraging words from Jeremiah 31...

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will rebuild you, and you shall be rebuilt..." (31:3)

"Their souls shall be like a well-watered garden, And they shall sorrow no more at all." (31:12)

"I will satiate the soul of the priests with My abundance, And My people shall be satisfied with My goodness." (31:14)

"... therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him..." (31:20)

"For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul." (31:25)

"... I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." (31:33)

What an encouragement this chapter has been. Though some of these restoration truths are for the people of Israel, we know that God's heart for His children is always to bring them back to Him. He made us His children through the blood of Jesus and He longs to satiate the weary soul with His presence. Praying we can pursue Him today and cultivate our relationship with Him. As Tozer states in Pursuit of God..

"We have almost forgotten that God is a person and, as such, can be cultivates as any person can. It is inherent in personality to be able to know other personalities, but full knowledge of one personality by another cannot be achieved in one encounter. It is only after long and loving mental intercourse that the full possibilities of both can be explored." (chapter 1)

Thank you Jesus for wanting a relationship with us and for dying to make that possible. May we walk in thankfulness today and spend time enjoying You.

No comments:

Post a Comment