Monday, February 25, 2013

Dear Asher...

Dear Asher,
I never knew how much of a blessing you would be as a son. Daddy and I are so thankful for you and your kind and sensitive spirit. You are so thoughtful. Just this morning, you asked Daddy if you could pray with him. I overheard your prayer and I almost cried. You prayed that he would have a great day at work and you thanked Jesus for him. I pray that you will continue to love others like you do now. You are so full of life and adventure. You have quite an imagination. On the days that you fall asleep during naptime, it will take you a very long time to fall asleep at night and we will hear you talking to your animals and dragons. It cracks us up and makes us smile with delight. You make life more fun! Here are some things going on with you at 3 1/2 years old...

1. You love ice cream like Daddy. You like mint chocolate chip and vanilla. You pretty much like all sweets =)
2. Your favorite animal today is the alligator. You just told me that you do not like real alligators though... you just like pretent ones!
3. You also like lions. You said that was your favorite animal that we saw at the zoo today.
4. You love to run. You run around the house and you love to race with Daddy and me in the back yard.
5. You are a people-person. You love to play with your friends and you often ask me for more people to play with you (I pray that you have more siblings to play with one day =) )
6. You are in a new phase where you love dragons. Daddy bought you the movie "How To Train Your Dragon" and now you are in love with dragons!
7. You are very smart and love to learn. Your favorite book right now is Curious George and Mater.
8. You still love to play with your cars and you love to build things with blocks.
9. You love to drive your jeep and climb on everything! You are so adventurous and few things scare you! It makes my heart jump but I try to let you be a boy and experience "boy stuff."
10. You love to climb in the attic and do "guy things" with Daddy like fix things and work in the yard.

Asher, you are such a blessing to us. You love people. You love to love on the babies that come to our house for bible study. You love to protect your sister and Kinley. You love your sister so much... even though you irritate her sometimes! The other day I told you about your friend that had been in a car accident and we prayed for him as a family. The next 2 days you asked to pray for him during our family prayer time and it has melted my heart. I am so thankful to see that you are learning that Jesus is the Healer. I pray that you will come to know Him as your Lord very soon and that your life will be set on knowing Him. Son, we love you and are daily blessed by you!

Love,
Mommy


You are in a new phase where you don't really like pictures all that much so this was pretty much the only shot I could get of you by yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment