Monday, January 24, 2011

Faith like a child...



There are so many things that we can learn from parenting and I am trying not to let any lessons pass us by. A few days ago I felt like the Lord really gave me a visual of what he meant by having faith like a child. As I was thinking hard about how I wanted the house to be cleaner and how I needed to get the laundry done, something struck me. Asher does not worry about tomorrow or even a few hours from now. At each moment he gives his all to what he is doing right then and he really does "let tomorrow worry about itself." This might not make a lot of sense but I was just thinking about the things that Jesus talks about in the gospels and I noticed that my son is showing me an example of what Jesus was talking about. Asher does not worry about what he will be wearing tomorrow or even what he will be eating for the next meal. He lives each moment just thinking about that moment. I think this is what the Lord wants from us too. He does not want us to be worried about anything but to live each moment in joy trying to honor Him with what we are doing. I think we can learn so much from our children. Maybe this is what the Lord meant by telling us to have faith like a child. I hope to learn from my son not to spend time worrying about things in the future or even worrying at all for that matter. We never know when Jesus will call us home and how sad will we be when we get to see how much time we wasted worrying about things that do not matter!

Mark 10:15
"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."

Matthew 6:34
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment