Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy 4th of July 2011!!

One smiling... one on a mission...



Both looking... one smiling...



Neither looking... both on separate missions...


One looking and not smiling... Mr. Serious with a new haircut!!...


Both smiling but neither are looking at the camera...


This 4th of July fell the DAY BEFORE we left for Camp Mitchell with our students from http://www.tvccstudent.com/%22Life_Site%22/Welcome.html ... thus our 4th was quite uneventful. I had dressed the kids up in patriotic outfits thinking that we would be going over to our friend's house to celebrate but Sonny ended up needing to do some last minute shopping for camp and did not get home until after 8pm (and we were leaving around 6am the next morning to get ready to leave for camp so we knew we could not be out late). So, since I had the kids dressed up, I decided to take some pics in the front yard. Ash is sporting his new haircut (we wish it was longer but the barber's just can't get the "leave it long" request down). Oh-well, it will grow back. He does look much older though!! We just played in the front yard and I tried with all of my might to get just ONE decent picture of my 2 kids smiling... it just isn't that easy with the two of them always on a mission (and different "missions" for that matter). We ended up just going to bed early and trying to get rest.

The kids did great while we were gone at camp. Sonny and I missed them a ton but honestly we didn't think about how much we missed them until we went to bed at night (which was usually around 2am or so). It was such a joy to see them when we got home. My fears about them not wanting to see us were all unnecessary- they were so excited to see us and it blessed my heart. Zoee would not stop looking at me and smiling and Ash gave me a big hug and wanted to play with his cars- just like normal. We have had a great week adjusting to being on our schedule again. It was nice to get away with our students and be with the Lord but I sure am glad to be home with our little ones again. =)

2 comments:

  1. They are getting SO big and more precious everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn! They are so fun. I seriously love this age so much! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete