Friday, February 18, 2011

Daddy's boy...



I cannot believe how much I have wanted to write down lately! I guess this might mean that I am getting the hang of being a mother of two (by God's grace!!) I just had to share what Asher did tonight. The poor little guy has been fighting a cold for the past week but is still relatively healthy (a little fussy but that's okay). He has been hoarse though and his little voice is just so cute! Well, tonight while we were winding down for bed and watching Baby Einstein, Asher started asking where daddy was. I told him that Daddy had gone "bye-bye" and that he went to work to teach the bible. Asher repeated as much of my information as he could (because he loves to repeat everything) and then I asked him if he wanted to pray for daddy. He did not say yes or no but he bowed his head and started mumbling something so softly and sweet. All I could make out was "daddy" and "bible" and I still was not certain that he was praying. Then he looked up at me with a smile. I said, "if you are all done praying you can say 'amen.'" With joy he said "amen" and continued playing with his cars and watching Baby Einstein. I thought I would start crying! What a blessing he is to us. And to make it even better... about 10 minutes later when he was playing by himself, I heard him mumbling softly again... "daddy...bye-bye...bible...amen..." I cannot express my joy as a mom right now...

1 comment:

  1. this is SO sweet Casi! thanks for sharing! Love you and your whole family so so much!

    ReplyDelete