Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In the image of the Father...



I know that I have posted something similar to this earlier but Sonny and I feel like this was a huge lesson/encouragement to us and I wanted to share. A few weeks ago I took Asher to the doctor for a yucky cold. The nurse manager, who has been a wonderful friend of our family since I was in 3rd grade, said to me, "I am sorry Casi, but he looks just like his dad."

Of course she knew this would not make me the least bit sad since I think Sonny is super handsome, but when I told Sonny this story later in the day, He felt like the Lord really spoke to him. Sonny told me that it made him proud that Asher looked like him. You see, Sonny delights in his son and loves when people notice that Asher is his boy. Sonny realized that the Lord seems (in His word) to feel the same way about us. There are countless times in scripture, starting in Genesis, where God says that we are made in His image and also that He wants us to be conformed to the image of His Son. As a Father, it seems that the Lord takes joy in people noticing that we are like Him. He loves us and is proud of us- especially when people look at us and see Him.

This was such an encouragement to Sonny and I. I hope to make the Father smile by constantly growing in His image.

Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

No comments:

Post a Comment