Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pursue your husband...



Being a mom is great but can also be very challenging in learning how to balance motherhood and wifehood. One thing that I clearly heard from the Lord when Asher was first born was that I still needed to pursue a close relationship with my husband.

So many people had told Sonny that I would forget about him when Asher was born and I know the Lord wanted me to be diligent to not live up to that 'advice.' It is not right for a husband to get left out once a baby is born- it simply is NOT what the Lord wants! Yes, we love our son, but our marriage is our first ministry from the Lord and if we are not working hard to grow our marriage, our parenting will not be good at all. The first week that Asher was born, I knew that I heard God tell me to be very diligent to love my husband. While I was tired and so emotionally drained, He told me that He would give me the strength I would need to do all that He wanted me to do. Even though I was extremely exhausted, I spent alot of time letting Sonny know that he was my best friend and that I loved him so much. I tried to encourage him that what people had said was just from the world and that Asher would not be the one object of my affection. It was such a great week in that I knew I was being obedient to the Lord in loving my husband. The Lord was with me to give me the strength to do it all and He used Sonny so much to strengthen me when I got overwhelmed with being a new mom. Marriage is amazing!! Motherhood is amazing too!!

On the note of marriage, Sonny and I got to go on a date the first week after Asher was born- it was amazing. Nothing great as far as a fancy restaurant, but it was such a sweet and refreshing time with the two of us...

1 comment:

  1. Casi-
    Nice words for all of us moms! I find that this verse in Matthew is very true (as God's word always is :D)
    "For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Mt 12:34

    But most people speak out of their experience. Yay for you for not allowing others to curse you with their words.
    Keep lovin' your family & keep bloggoing.

    ReplyDelete